Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's been awhile, a long while since I've blogged. Between a husband, kids, work, activities, and two dogs that keep digging out, life keeps happening. We wouldn't have it any other way, right?!?!?

I have a new project (amongst all my projects), but this is the most important. I keep trying to figure out how to make time. I don't have any. Well, I do, but it's scheduled, everyday, all day. I have quiet at night when everyone finally lays down to rest, and then wake up tired to another schedule. My want-to time is different from have-to time. I want to sit and have coffee and read the paper and listen intently to my kids, not just hear them while I'm trying to multi-task at the same time as I'm "spending" time with them. I want to play. I want to be the fun mom that's there. Instead I feel like I have to attempt the ever-growing mound of laundry, clean the kitchen sink, load and unload the dishwasher, clean the toilets, fold and hang-up what's been washed, clean off the table, sweep the floor, match socks (thank goodness it's boot season and Little Miss Mis-matched is popular!), organize closets, and put away Christmas (yes, still dealing with it...but the tree IS down), all after working all day. Could the list get any longer?

My new project is figuring out how to balance. I just downloaded a book called "31 Days to Clean--Having a Martha House the Mary Way". So hoping I can get some good ideas. Currently, both Mary and Martha would think, "What the heck, girl?!?!?!" Right now, I'm not getting it all done, the floor is a mess, the table is a mess, my room is a mess, and the laundry is over-flowing. I'm not serving at the feet either.

The book opens with a quote, which really got me thinking:

"I don't remember my mother ever playing with me. And she was a perfectly good mother. But she had to do the laundry and clean the house and do the grocery shopping." Patricia Heaton

I'm afraid as things sit, my kids will remember my favorite phrase as, "Just a minute, I'll be right there."

Here's to grace for the moment, and grace for the day, as well as grace for a new day and an opportunity to grow and fix and change before my chicklets leave my nest. Here's to play and making memories and somehow getting the laundry done so everyone doesn't go naked.

To tomorrow and the next 31 Days to Clean (and hopefully more choosing of relaxing and play). I'll keep you posted.:) It can't get worse...I'm expecting Oprah's crew at any moment with a crew to help me organize. Ha!

Much love and less burned toast,

The Project Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment